Autodesk ForceEffect app for iPhone and iPad
Bring engineering to the point of the problem with Autodesk® ForceEffect™, a mobile engineering app for simulating design concepts in the field or in the office. Unlike the traditional approach of using paper, pencil, and a calculator to develop equations for design options, Autodesk ForceEffect does all the simulation and engineering calculations for you right on your mobile device, enabling you to quickly and easily simulate design options during the concept phase to determine the viability of a design.
• Fast—Real-time solving capabilities and immediate feedback on the simulation performance. Print, email, or view a results report on any HTML-enabled browser or mobile device.
• Easy—Intuitive interaction for drawing, constraining, and simulating concepts. Simply tap objects to select, and then move, rotate, and scale.
• Complete—Solutions for statically determinate and over-constrained or indeterminate problems.
• Integrated—Easy workflow continuation into CAD with industry-standard export capabilities via DXF™ files and email for file sharing.
The Autodesk ForceEffect engineering app is perfect for static systems analysis using free body diagrams:
• Freehand sketching of elements and construction lines with snaps, constraints, and inferencing
• Object dimensioning, global scaling, units, constraints
• Import image as background, simple manipulation
• Create joints (welded, pinned)
• Break element at joints
• Create supports (fixed, grounded, sliding)
• Create loads (known, unknown, variable distributed) and moments
• Add weight to individual elements
• Compute reaction forces and moments for equilibrium and over-constrained systems
• Toggle forces to show force vector components
• Results reporting with picture, results, all equations
• Save and load files from Autodesk Cloud
• In app tutorials
Latest reviews of Autodesk ForceEffect app for iPhone and iPad
Great program for checking calls on
Great program for management checks on design outputs
Works great for simple stuff. I bet it could get pretty complex if you mess around with it!
how is this free?!?!?!?!?
This is the most exciting engineering app Ive seen! Ive just started to play with it so Ive yet to really push the limits but from what Ive seen so far the UI is very intuitive. I love how you can model ontop of a picture.
Things it is missing that would be aswesome to add.
-cable / tension or compression only members
-deflections, including being able to apply your own forced deflection.
-and 3D of course. Space frames FTW!
In any rate you have a winner on your hands autodesk.
Tip of the iceberg!
This app as I see is just the beginning of a revolution. First time an structural engineering app is designed human-centric.
When I showed it to few colleagues, got negative response that they were smarter and did not need such an app for daily tasks. Whatever this app can do simplistically, they could pull it out of their mental acumen. Anything that involved multiple load cases or redundant structures, they will use more reliable and time tested software. Or setup a excel spreadsheet or mathcad if the calculation is repetitive.
I love the app for its ability of the app to generate the reactions instantly, generate a formal but consist report that can be tagged along with other calculations.
My argument is if it takes 10 minutes to solve something manually or 20 minutes to properly input and solve in other major software, this app can be used to solve it in about a minute. I have been using it since i discovered it and has saved the hassle of both setting up simple models, or spreadsheets and or cleanup a auto-generated exhaustive reports.
I maintain software agnostic mindset, but this app is great for me. This is from Autodesk, do we need to question their reliability?
Very buggy, poorly implemented user interface, almost unusable